cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.x timezones for Russia

MNenashev
Level 1
Level 1

From 2011 there is no daylight saving time (DST) in Russia so ACS system time is incorrect - UTC+3, must be UTC+4.

1. We've tried to turn off DST and set manualy UTC+4 through ACS CLI but there are no required commands (like in IOS).

2. We've tried to correct timezones like for all other Linux system but there is no access to system shell.

The question is how to setup correct timezone shifting UTC+4?

8 Replies 8

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

how about SSH to the box and then :

conf t

clock timezone Etc/GMT+4

That should work normally ?

Nicolas,

If we just change timezone to GMT+4 that is not turn off DST. We have to change timezone GMT+4/GMT+3 twice in year when system switch to/from DST.

There is no way that I'm aware of to turn off DST. However, I know that some timezones don't follow DST but I'm not aware for Russia. You seem to say that this "no DST" is new in Russia ? I would think that opening a bug against ACS to modify the Russian timezone is the way to go.

In ACS, the timezone names match what we see in Linux /usr/share/zoneinfo.

For timezones that are offset from UTC/GMT, and do not observe DST, the syntax is ‘Etc/GMT’ +/- n:

---snip

ise-srv14/admin# show timezones | inc GMT

Etc/GMT+10

Etc/GMT+8

Etc/GMT-4

Etc/GMT-9

Etc/GMT-13

Etc/GMT+7

Etc/GMT+12

Etc/GMT+5

Etc/GMT-1

Etc/GMT-5

Etc/GMT+6

ise-srv14/admin#  conf t

Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.

ise-srv14/admin(config)# clock timezone Etc/GMT+4

ise-srv14/admin(config)# end

ise-srv14/admin# show clock

Thu Mar 15 08:47:58 GMT+4 2012

ise-srv14/admin#

---snip

Thanx a lot! It works but with one correction GMT-4 (not GMT+4). Why I don't know.

MNenashev написал(а):

Thanx a lot! It works but with one correction GMT-4 (not GMT+4). Why I don't know.

It the standard behaviour of POSIX system.

21.4.7 Specifying the Time Zone with TZ
In POSIX systems, a user can specify the time zone by means of the TZ environment variable.
The offset specifies the time value you must add to the local time to get a Coordinated Universal Time value. It has syntax like [+|-]hh[:mm[:ss]]. This is _positive_ if the local time zone is _west_ of the Prime Meridian and _negative_ if it is east.
http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/TZ-Variable.html

try

no clock summer-time

ACS has not got the commant "clock summer-time".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: