cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.x

mustafa.s.raza
Level 1
Level 1

The client is interested to deploy 2x new ACS 5.x and interested to setup split deployment between two ACS in two separate locations for load sharing, and configuration replication. At the same the client want an ability to make configuration changes on both ACS servers. According to Cisco ACS 5.x deployment notes all

Configurations must me make to a primary ACS servers and secondary servers will obtain configuration from the primary server which defeat the client requirements of the ability and capability to make changes to both server.

Question:

If I deploy two ACS servers in two different location as an independent servers, can I still replicate information between two servers? I know ACS 4.2 I can do replication between two servers.

Please advise

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It is not possbile, for ACS 5.x to know if the other exists it has to be in a distributed setup or treated as different standalone devices where nothing is shared.

Thanks

Tarik Admani

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Mustafa,

Great question, this is the different between ACS 4 and ACS 5, before we were able to choose what configurations were owned by which ACS server, in ACS 5 that behavior has changed. When you join an ACS node as a secondary server you will only have read-only access since it grabs its current configuration from the primary node it is registered to.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

mustafa.s.raza
Level 1
Level 1

Let assume primary and secondary setup doesn't exist . Can I have two separate acs 5.x systems and enable replication between 2? Or it's not possible at all with 5.x

Thanks

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

It is not possbile, for ACS 5.x to know if the other exists it has to be in a distributed setup or treated as different standalone devices where nothing is shared.

Thanks

Tarik Admani

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: