cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS | The monitoring and reports database is currently unavailable

John
Level 1
Level 1

We tried to restart the services. by using this command.

application stop acs
application start acs

We would like to know if this be related to memory issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the suggestion, however Im told that if you go above base license usage of 500 nads max, this would affect monitoring/reporting stats access for acs and you wont be able to view that. im going to hold off on a complete reset as  we should be moving tech over to ise pretty soon anyway.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you tried a complete reload on the ACS server? Also, what version and patch are you running?

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Hi, Im running into this issue and have yet to try stopping and restarting acs services. Before I do that I was wondering if this is in any way related to a license issue? we are currently using base license and over the allotted 500 nads limit. Please advise if you have experienced this issue and if it can be license related or whether a simple stop and restart of acs will work fine. TIA!

Hello,

Please can you try and reset MT db , stop and starting ACS service won't fix monitoring issue . I will suggest you reset the MT db using app config ACS , here you will see few options to choose from.

Saying the above it worth checking effect of license violation on cisco documentation as well. And if all the above fails , then you can do complete ACS config reset  within a change window. With the reset option , the device is back to factory setting without you losing any interface , dns etc pre-configured on the ACS Server.

Thanks for the suggestion, however Im told that if you go above base license usage of 500 nads max, this would affect monitoring/reporting stats access for acs and you wont be able to view that. im going to hold off on a complete reset as  we should be moving tech over to ise pretty soon anyway.