cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS to ISE Migration Tool, Release 3.0 Devicecompliance issue

stayd
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, propably I have found something what should be reported to Cisco TAC, but I am not sure.

In a file ACS-MigrationApplication-3.0.0-458.zip downloaded from Cisco site, there are 2 files:

ACS-MigrationApplication-3.0.0-458.zip\migTool\bin\com\cisco\acs\positron\migration\positronimporter\dto\Devicecompliance.class

ACS-MigrationApplication-3.0.0-458.zip\migTool\bin\com\cisco\acs\positron\migration\positronimporter\dto\DeviceCompliance.class

devicecompliance.png

Windows does not have usually case-sensitive file system, so after extraction from zip file, extractor software retains just first file with name Devicecompliance.class.

During ISE importing procedure within migration tool, this error occures:

[INFO] Start importing EAPTLS Settings procedure
[ERROR] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/cisco/acs/positron/migration/positronimporter/dto/DeviceCompliance (wrong name: com/cisco/acs/positron/migration/positronimporter/dto/Devicecompliance)
[INFO] Finished importing EAPTLS Settings procedure

As a result the migration failed at all.

migration failed.jpg

When I extracted the second file named DeviceCompliance.class from archive and I replaced in destination directory, the migtool started work well whithout this error.

Is it something to open the TAC case without risking "bad points from Cisco" that I and my company opened such case ? Is it good enough for Cisco TAC to open it ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CSCwa54503 open to track this.

Thanks for reporting it.

View solution in original post

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For a new customer-found defect, it will go through a security review, which usually takes 1 ~ 2 business days. As it's now in the holiday season, it might take until the 2nd week of January 2022.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hi @stayd 

It looks like you have found an issue with the migration tool and provided a solution - nice one!.

If I were you, I would open a TAC case to bring this to Cisco's attention. Perhaps someone from Cisco has already picked this up from your Community posting, but don't rely on that.

regards

Arne

But I am afraid to do that, because due to cisco opening tac case policy and penalty for “not good enough” case.

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CSCwa54503 open to track this.

Thanks for reporting it.

This bug is not available for viewing at this time.
This bug contains proprietary information and is not yet publicly available. You may find useful information within the Cisco Support Community.

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For a new customer-found defect, it will go through a security review, which usually takes 1 ~ 2 business days. As it's now in the holiday season, it might take until the 2nd week of January 2022.

Thanks to hslai It is visibile now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: