Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS upgrade 5.3 to 5.5

justine.joubran
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to do an upgrade for a Cisco ACS version 5.3.0.40 and I followed the below steps:

# acs patch install 5-3-0-40-10.tar.gpg repository FTP

Patch '5-3-0-40-10' version '5.3.0.40.10' successfully installed

# acs patch install Pointed-PreUpgrade-CSCum04132-5-3-0-40.tar.gpg repository FTP

Patch 'Pointed-PreUpgrade-CSCum04132-5-3-0-40' version 'Pointed1-CSCum04132-5.3.0.40' successfully installed

# application upgrade ACS_5.5.0.46.gz FTP
Do you want to save the current configuration ? (yes/no) [yes] ? yes
Generating configuration...
Saved the running configuration to startup successfully
% Manifest file not found in the bundle

Note that:

• I am using the same FTP repository for the 3 steps mentioned above
  • I have tried both DISK and FTP repositories

What could be the issue?

Thanks in advance,

Justine.

5 Replies 5

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Justine-

Have you:

1. Checked and confirmed that the upgrade bundle is the correct size and that it passes the checksum

2. Tried upgrading to 5.4 and then 5.5

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Hello Neno,

Thank you for your reply. There is no issue with the MD5 checksum and I have already tried passing through the version 5.4.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Justine.

Hmm, the only other "issue" that I see is that the filename does not match what I see on cisco.com. The file should be:

ACS_5.5.0.46.tar.gz while you have ACS_5.5.0.46.gz. 

So I would either:

- Try renaming the file to include the .tar. 

- Try re-downloading the file

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Hi Justine,

Even if the application upgrade bundle is correct, it's still not working and throwing the same error message then check the following:

• The application upgrade is utilizing the /storeddata partition. which in case of a VM installed on a 60GB disk size will be 2GB of size and in case of disk space of 112 GB, it will be around 4GB. 
  • In case of  an ACS installed on 500 GB disk, the storeddata is nearly 5 GB.

So we see this error message if there is not sufficient space in storeddata to extract the upgrade file and then upgrade the acs.

Regards,

Jatin

~Jatin

Ronald Lopez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Not sure if you were able to find out the issue. But I ran to the same problem the fix is to make sure you have 500GB (Thick Provision) on your VM if not it wont work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: