Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS5.x Backup failure...

digisridhar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed an ACS 5.1 (Version : 5.1.0.44) as Primary and Secondary in a customer setup. We had scheduled the backup to be done daily at a particular time. It was working fine for about 10 days or so and after that the backup did not happen. So i deleted the REpository and also the scheduled backup and created things afresh, but the backup is not happening. I have tried using TFTP, SFTP and also FTP. What happens is the initial login happens and after that it disconnects. There is no issue of any firewall policy blocking the same. When i had checked the ACS using CLI and tried to run a backup i got this message

% A backup or restore is already in progress

There is no such backup scheduled at this time. I am unable to move further . If anyone has faced this issue, kindly advice. Else i need to open a TAC case.

Regards

Sridhar

2 Replies 2

rob.schieron
Level 1
Level 1

Sounds to me like a backup process has hung.  Can you upload the contents of a show tech-support?

Basic advice - have you rebooted the box?  I have seen this kind of thing before, a reboot usually clears it.

Also - when the instance comes up again, do a "show repository xxxx" where xxxx is the name of the repository you want to use for backup.

This will give a file listing and confirm that connectivity to your repository is working fine.

Good luck.

-Rob

Hello,

Don't forget to restart the view-jobmanager, i faced the same issue, tried every suggestions but i resolved my probleme by :

- acs stop view-jobmanager

- acs start view-jobmanager

hope this help

BR