cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a Group Policy to differentiate between teachers and students.

bob1030
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

This setup is in a k-8 school where we have numerous Content and Threat Categories blocked by network default. I want to create a Group Policy that will bypass most of the restrictions created in the default setting to allow school admin staff and teachers to access additional sites blocked in the prior default settings. 

These are the various settings I have altered for the Teacher Group Policy.

I chose to override the blocked categories and URL list leaving them blank. The Allow list I set to Append and added the few sites the teachers need. The 3 are listed as blocked in the default setting. 

When I try to access sites blocked by the default school wide settings with the new Group Policy, the sites are still blocked. 

What, of many things, am I doing wrong?

Thanks everyone!

bob1030_0-1701965931349.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This Community space is intended for questions related to Cisco ISE and other NAC solutions. The screenshot you posted appears to be from the Meraki dashboard, so your question would be better posted to the Meraki Community

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this for Cisco Secure ACS?  That software hasn't been supported in over 3 years.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/secure-access-control-system/eos-eol-c51-738197.html

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This Community space is intended for questions related to Cisco ISE and other NAC solutions. The screenshot you posted appears to be from the Meraki dashboard, so your question would be better posted to the Meraki Community

Thanks...will do.