cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding Nexus 5596 to ACS v4.2

richmondk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.  Does ACS v4.2 support the addition of the Nexus switches?  We have a few new Nexus devices that have been added to ACS, but cannot be accessed successfully.  A msg re: role based authentication is received.  Do I have to do something special in ACS to support this?

Nexus 5596 v5.1(3)N2(1)

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What type of configuration you use (you use device restriction or something under the user or the group?)

When do you exactly see the error message? after or before providing the credentials?

What you see in the failed attempts on the ACS logs?

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Hi.  Thanks for the response. 

We're using the Group as the authority for authentication.

The error message is seen after the credentials are entered.  It says the authentication servers are unreachable.

There are two errors in the ACS logs - the username was wrong and the password was wrong.

I'm working with TAC on it now, but the solution they provided doesn't work so far.

Oleksandr Nesterov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Alex.  Thanks for the information.  I've passed it along to my co-worker who's responsible for the Nexus config.  Hopefully, it will get us on the right path.

~Keely

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: