Views
Helpful
Replies

Alarm Notification Cisco ACS 5.8.1

Arie --
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anyone know what the alarm notification means below?

The Active Directory is still joined, but one of the forest from the AD has been unavailable yesterday. I tried to show logging but no log shows the issue.

Appreciate for your answers.

Thank you.

Arie

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Arie,

AD server meant by DC only right ?

Domain discovery will identify the DC(primary,secondary ,etc) based on their response .ACS will use   Doiman Discovery to find the response from DC ,which DC is responding fast ,it will use it.

ACS will automatically change the  DC (primary,secondary ,etc) based on their response .

If Primary DC is responding slow compare to secondary DC ,then ACS will use Secondary DC automatically .

Thanks

VenkataKrishna

Please rate helpful posts and mark correct answers.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

vthaluru
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Arie,

We will get those alarms when GC is unavailable in the forest. in your case also one of the forest is  unavailable on yesterday.

if you are getting those alarms consistently ,then check in ad_agent.log.

Thanks

VenkataKrishna

Hi Vthaluru,

May you give me step to check ad_agent.log?

Btw, may I ask another question also? The customer has primary, secondary, third IP for AD server. How can I make sure that when the primary is unavailable then it will failover to secondary?

Thank you

Arie

Hi Arie,

AD server meant by DC only right ?

Domain discovery will identify the DC(primary,secondary ,etc) based on their response .ACS will use   Doiman Discovery to find the response from DC ,which DC is responding fast ,it will use it.

ACS will automatically change the  DC (primary,secondary ,etc) based on their response .

If Primary DC is responding slow compare to secondary DC ,then ACS will use Secondary DC automatically .

Thanks

VenkataKrishna

Hi Arie,

if you have no other queries ,then can you please rate helpful posts and mark correct answers.

Thanks

VenkataKrishna