Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Analysing ISE health summary throughput and latency graphs

Hello,

I am looking for information and guidelines to correctly analyse the throughput and latency graphs in the health summary report.

Do we know the expected values or ranges for these metrics ?

Why is throughput measured in miliseconds ? I would expect it to be measured in "amount of data per time unit" or "amount of requests handled per time unit".

Thanks,

Have a nice day.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

> What is the unit of the latency metric in KPM report ?

In mili-seconds.

> What is the unit for throughput in health summary report ? Miliseconds still don't make sens for me as a throughput measurement unit.

This is a bug.

> What is the difference between latency graph in Health summary report and latency column in KPM report ?

Health summary report averages the numbers by the 12 collections (ISE reporting system stats every 5 minutes so each hour collects 12 times) while KPM does them over the number of requests for that hour.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi tom.barat@dimensiondata.com ,

the RADIUS Throughput exists since ISE1.0, it represent the RADIUS Transactions per second.

Please take a look at: ISE Latency and Bandwidth Calculators.

and also to:

Operations > Reports > Diagnostics > Key Performance Metrics (Avg Load & Avg Latency per Request)

Hope this helps !!!

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

Do you know if the report you suggested is a different view of the data from the health summary report i was looking at or if the reports show completely different data ? Both seem to show some latency and load information but the format is different.

Also, in my opinion the key performance metrics is equally difficult to analyse because it does not show any measurement units for the metrics.

I found the following topic https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-access-control/ise-key-performance-metrics-units/td-p/3477660 discussing the same issue (no units in key performance metrics report). The topic is marked "solved" but in my opinion that's incorrect because the answers mostly deal with the CPU load. The other metrics are left undiscussed, mostly the latency.

What is the unit of the latency metric in KPM report ?

What is the unit for throughput in health summary report ? Miliseconds still don't make sens for me as a throughput measurement unit.

What is the difference between latency graph in Health summary report and latency column in KPM report ?

Thanks,

Have a nice day.

> What is the unit of the latency metric in KPM report ?

In mili-seconds.

> What is the unit for throughput in health summary report ? Miliseconds still don't make sens for me as a throughput measurement unit.

This is a bug.

> What is the difference between latency graph in Health summary report and latency column in KPM report ?

Health summary report averages the numbers by the 12 collections (ISE reporting system stats every 5 minutes so each hour collects 12 times) while KPM does them over the number of requests for that hour.

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Why is throughput measured in miliseconds ? I would expect it to be measured in "amount of data per time unit" or "amount of requests handled per time unit".

CSCvu89715 Time Vs Throughput chart in ISE Health Summary report using wrong units

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: