cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Android BYOD with NSA 2.0.0.64 failures

CarlCarlson1234
Level 1
Level 1

Looking to see if anyone else is seeing a similar issue to the one that my client has.  I already have a TAC case open. In 8 hours they've made no progress but claim that no one else is reporting this issue.

They're doing Dual-SSID BYOD with SCEP for certificates, and onboard through ISE using native supplicant provisioning.  Windows and Apple are working fine.  We had both Android 9 and 10 working using the Network Setup assistant 2.0.0.55.  On December 21st Cisco updated the application to 2.0.0.64.  Since that update has been pushed all on-boarding for at least Android 9 and 10 has broken.  They get to the point where you download the certificates to the Phone and the app errors out with "Certificate Generation Failed".  I'm able to load NSA 2.0.0.55 back on an android device and try to on-board, the whole process works as expected.

I'm aware that this is the same error that you get when you don't allow EST through, but that appears to only apply to Single SSID onboarding.

Does anyone have Dual SSID onboarding working with Android currently? I'd love to chat.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

CarlCarlson1234
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco posted a bug for this, CSCvs60294.  It would appear that NSA 2.0.0.64 does not play well with SCEP.   Currently no fix other than to use a now unpublished version of NSA.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

CarlCarlson1234
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco posted a bug for this, CSCvs60294.  It would appear that NSA 2.0.0.64 does not play well with SCEP.   Currently no fix other than to use a now unpublished version of NSA.

I see 2.0.0.66 available at Google Play store to address this issue.