cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect connection fails the first time

SMD28316
Level 1
Level 1

I have an annoying issue where AnyConnect doesn't connect directly after it being Idle for a long time (say after leaving my PC at night and trying to reconnect in the next morning). It fails to connect to wireless immediately until I try another connection like wired first. Then I try reconnecting to Wireless and it is successful.

Is there a cached or a stale connection that needs to be terminated first? I'm not sure if this is a normal behavior in AnyConnect or a bug, do I need to configure something on ISE to stop this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you attempted testing 'Corporate Network' configuration when creating the NAM profile?  This setting tells NAM to force a connection to a network configured as Corporate first if in proximity.  What version of AnyConnect are you running? Have you attempted to run a DART bundle and look at the logs? Do you have any reauthentication timers configured to reauth clients every so often?  In the scenario you have described, are you having users completely log off at COB, or are they simply locking screen?  What sec protocol are you using for onboarding?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you attempted testing 'Corporate Network' configuration when creating the NAM profile?  This setting tells NAM to force a connection to a network configured as Corporate first if in proximity.  What version of AnyConnect are you running? Have you attempted to run a DART bundle and look at the logs? Do you have any reauthentication timers configured to reauth clients every so often?  In the scenario you have described, are you having users completely log off at COB, or are they simply locking screen?  What sec protocol are you using for onboarding?

Hi @SMD28316 ,

beyond what @Mike.Cifelli said ... when you said "... after it being Idle for a long time ...", no Sleep or Hibernation during this time?

Regards

The PC is set to sleep at night when I leave it, that's what I mean by AnyConnect being IDLE.

I was able to test compatibility and change the compatibility settings and it works just fine for me now. I trust that this helps.