cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect ISE posture IPv6 infinite loop (CSCvo36890)

Panos Bouras
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

During a posture deployment on Windows 10 with ISE2.4 and AC 4.7 & 4.8 we hit the following bug

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvo36890/?rfs=iqvred

If we perform the Teredo disable command it gets enabled again after restart and I'm not sure what we will break if we disable it via GPO etc.

As the Bug report doesn't actually provides much details,I'm looking for possible mitigations and workarounds.

Anybody has any experience with this issue and successful resolutions?

Thank you,Panos.
Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paul
Level 10
Level 10

A customer of mine ran into this.  They had to push a registry setting via GPO policy to disable the teredo adapter.  Once they did that their posturing issues (i.e. constant pop-ups and reposturing) went away.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paul
Level 10
Level 10

A customer of mine ran into this.  They had to push a registry setting via GPO policy to disable the teredo adapter.  Once they did that their posturing issues (i.e. constant pop-ups and reposturing) went away.

Thank you Paul.

Thank you,Panos.
Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

We ran into similar issues. Some users also reported no policy server detected, no internet and no outlooks accessible. Disabled IPV6 on client machine resolved the issue. We opened a ticket with TAC, and they recommend we should apply this command "client-bypass-protocol enable" under the group-policy. I haven't tested the command yet.

Hi Mohamed,

I believe that "client-bypass-protocol enable" applies to firewalls or at least VPN configuration. We witnessed this behavior at switch connected devices, but not during our VPN tests where the same client was terminating VPN connection to FTD 2100 6.4.0 firewalls using 4.7 Anyconnect. ISE and AD infrastructure was the same.
Thank you,Panos.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: