cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect NAM, does not disable windows wireless supplicant

jan.nielsen
Level 7
Level 7

I am having some issues with anyconnect nam for wireless. When i install nam with a profile, my wireless works fine, and authenticates as it should, no problem there. I can however not figure out how to get nam to remove the built-in windows supplicant in the tray, which shows me a tray icon, where a user can browse the list of SSID's currently broadcasted, i only want the nam supplicant's own list of ssid's to be shown. Any suggestion on how to accomplish this ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

edwjames
Level 3
Level 3

Jan,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect31/administration/guide/ac04namconfig.html

Windows Network Status Task Tray Icon

Network Access Manager overrides Windows network management. After  installing Network Access Manager,  the Windows networking icon in the  task bar may confuse users, because the user can no longer use the  network status icon to connect to networks.

You can remove the Windows network icon from the task bar by setting  'Remove the networking icon' in a Windows group policy. This setting  only affects the tray icon, the user can still create native wireless  networks using  the Control Panel.

**Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.
--Dalai Lama**

Please Rate if helpful.
Regards
Ed

**Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality. --Dalai Lama** Please Rate if helpful. Regards Ed

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

edwjames
Level 3
Level 3

Jan,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect31/administration/guide/ac04namconfig.html

Windows Network Status Task Tray Icon

Network Access Manager overrides Windows network management. After  installing Network Access Manager,  the Windows networking icon in the  task bar may confuse users, because the user can no longer use the  network status icon to connect to networks.

You can remove the Windows network icon from the task bar by setting  'Remove the networking icon' in a Windows group policy. This setting  only affects the tray icon, the user can still create native wireless  networks using  the Control Panel.

--Dalai Lama**

Please Rate if helpful.
Regards
Ed

**Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality. --Dalai Lama** Please Rate if helpful. Regards Ed

Thanks, that seems to work. However the icon for the nam supplicant is not shown in the visible part of the tray, so now there is no indication of network connection in the tray at all, users would have to click the little arrow in the tray to expand it, and then click the anyconnect icon, not a big issue, more of an annoyance.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows7/change-how-icons-appear-in-the-notification-area

Something that I found might be helpful.

--Dalai Lama**

Please Rate if helpful.
Regards
Ed