Views
Helpful
Replies

Assign AAA Login Profile to Multiple Routers Windows NPS 2008

paulstone80
Participant
Participant

Hi,

I am configuring our Cisco devices to authenticate logins against a RADIUS server. For this I am using Windows Network Protection Server (formally IAS).

I have a configured a Network Policy that works successfully against one router. I want to apply the same policy to a number of devices (30+) but I can not see a logical way of doing this.

At the moment I have the following settings;

Conditions

Client Friendly Name  Router1

User Groups              CiscoAdmin_Lvl15

Settings

Cisco-AV-Pair          Shell:priv-lvl=15

Access Permission  Grant Access

Service-Type            Login

I thought I would be able to add multiple RADIUS Clients to the server, and then add the RADIUS Client names to the 'Client friendly Name' condition. But as soon as I add an extra client name the exisiting policy stops working, and I can not login to the router.

Does anyone know of a way to get around this? Is there a RADIUS parameter that can be sent to the RADIUS server at the time of login that can be used as part of a Network Policy condition?

I want to avoid having to create a unique network policy for each individual router/switch.

Thanks,

Paul

HTH Paul ****Please rate useful posts****
1 Reply 1

paulstone80
Participant
Participant

I've got this working against multiple devices now, details below if anyone's interested.

When you create the RADIUS Clients on the NPS Server, give them all the same prefix, for example;

Name Switches SW-switchhostname

Name Routers RT-routerhostname

When you add the Client Friendly Name condition to the Network Policy, enter the name as SW-? for switches. or RT-? for routers. This makes the policy check for devices that have a 'Client Friendly Name'  with a prefix of SW- or RT-.

Paul

HTH Paul ****Please rate useful posts****
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: