data-dynamic
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, everyone,

The following Device Admin Policy rejects access to a test switch:

Policy_Not_Work.jpg

The following error message appears in the TACACS Live LOG:

see : error_msg.pdf

However, this Device Admin Policy works with a request for user data from the Internal User Store.

If you insert the following rule (TEST_RULE) then it also works.

Policy_Work.jpg

However, as soon as an Identity Group is usually available, the registration fails.

If you query a user name instead of the Identity Group, it works as well.

Does anyone have an idea why the authorization rule in collaboration

does not work with authentication via an RSA server?

Greeting Mario

Note:

The test environment is:

Cisco ISE 2.2.0.470 with Patch 1,2 and 3

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello hslai ,

This condition you suggest works with the RSA server:

InternalUser:IdentityGroup EQUALS "User Identity Groups:Group_Name"

Thanks for your help!

Greeting Mario

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In ISE 2.2, you need to create an internal user to use RSA as the password type, if using the internal user group to match. Or, instead of an internal user group, use an other condition as

(Do not include quotes, but must include the prefix 'User Identity Groups:' in name.)

Later, when you upgrade to ISE 2.3, you may use IdentityGroup:Name. And, ISE 2.3 is currently unable to use InternalUser:IdentityGroup due to CSCvf43341

Hello, hslai,

There is the user once Internally on the ISE and with the same user name on the RSA server.

The reason for this is the 2 Factor Authentication, as described here:

https://communities.cisco.com/message/267427#267427

And thank you, this suggestion of yours works; -)

If I change the password type of the internal user to RSA it works also.

Then, however, the 2 Factor Authentication would no longer be

because the 2 passwords (TACACS ENABLE) will then no longer work

is available.

I'll test it with your suggested condition and get back to you.

Thanks for your help.

Greeting Mario

Hello hslai ,

This condition you suggest works with the RSA server:

Thanks for your help!

Greeting Mario

hslai,

I have a similar issue im experiencing with ISE and RSA. Im running ISE 2.3.

I have internal users (identity) and i want to use RSA to authenticate these users. In fact, I have it setup that RSA is used for authentication and if no RSA profile is found it then attempts to use the internal ISE user password for authentication.

My issue is, RSA doesnt seem to be working. The TACACS live logs shows its going out and making a connection with the RSA server, but then comes back and either fails at finding the pass code cache, or doesnt find the user in RSA. Im not sure which is the issue. Ive also noticed a 25K latency which i think might be part of my issue too...

I then found this post

I'm stumped on your comment "Later, when you upgrade to ISE 2.3, you may use IdentityGroup:Name."

I currently have ACS deployed and authenticating with RSA. Im attempting to migrate from ACS to ISE and i have a decent handle on the migration, but i cant seem to get RSA working. Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

@mpbaker82: Your issue looks rather different so I do not think the same solution applies.

I would suggest you to focus on the authentication requests to the RSA SecurID server and ensure it returning Access-Accept. In a troubleshooting session with a partner, I remembered him using a RSA admin interface similar to ISE RADIUS livelog to search and get the details on authentications. This RSA doc might be of interest to you -- 000028896 - Troubleshooting RSA Authentication ... | RSA Link

In case you are still stuck, please engage Cisco TAC support and RSA support.