Views
Helpful
Replies

authentication problems between ISE v 3.0.0 and a layer 2 sw

jose.jarrin
Level 1
Level 1

hello,
the problem is that in a layer 2 switch the authentication does not work with the equipment through the ISE, it does not show any log, and the authentication can only be done through the local user.
The configuration has been reviewed with another similar device and there is no variant.

3 Replies 3

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Let me look into my crystal ball ... I see ... I see ... NOTHING.  You need to provide us with some technical information. E.g. what are you doing here (MAB, 802.1X), show us your switch config, and errors - relevant ISE config

What have you tried to troubleshoot so far, apart from comparing it with another working device? What are the differences between those two devices ? There must be something.

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

See How to Ask The Community for Help 

What information do you think the TAC would need to help you? We need it too!

• what is the endpoint type and expected authentication experience (MAB, 802.1X, username+password, certiificate...?)
  • switch model or configuration details
  • ISE LiveLogs errors or details (or policy)
  • endpoint type and supplicant configuration, if any

ammahend
VIP
VIP

Agree with Arne and Thomas, if you are sure a similar switch with exact same config is working and this one is not, probably simplest to make sure this non working device is added on ISE and that shared secret is correct and then run a aaa test from switch "test aaa ?" (fill rest of info)

-hope this helps-