cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Best approach to move secondary PAN to new location

ryan14
Level 1
Level 1

If I want to relocate a ISE secondary PAN/monitoring server to a new DC, what is the best approach? I was thinking of downloading the same version using ova template, once installed and running, register it from the primary PAN. Once it is registered, set the new server to secondary and then deregister the old one? Not sure how ISE handles patches when adding a new server. Will it let me register it if it isn't patched yet? Running on ESXi. ISE is 3.2 patch 3.

2 Replies 2

@ryan14 yes you can build a new ISE VM and register to the existing cluster, patch the new node to the same version/patch as the P-PAN before joining the cluster. Deregister the old node once you are sure the new node is functioning correctly. Also make sure the correct certificates (admin, EAP etc) are configured on the new node and trusted by the P-PAN.

Ruben Cocheno
Spotlight
Spotlight

@ryan14 

Yes, have new the node on the same release and patch level. Don't forget about the new DNS records :), licensing wise can take some time to report accurately the Cisco Licenses on the Smartnet Portal so don't panic

Tag me to follow up.
Please mark it as Helpful and/or Solution Accepted if that is the case. Thanks for making Engineering easy again.
Connect with me for more on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubencocheno/