Hi all,

I tried WOL configuration

L3 switch configuration I have no problem in it

L2 switch configuration without ISE configuration

interface fa0/1

switchport access vlan 100

switchport mode access

spanning-tree portfast

it works well but after I put ISE configuration on port, WOL doesn't work.

so please help can I use ISE + WOL or there will be problems due to that.

I read about a command "authentication control-direction in" which should enable ISE and WOL. 

so that will affect on something.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, that is correct. If you add the "authentication control-direction in" command on a switchport then it will allow the WoL "Magic Packet" to be sent to the end device and wake it up.

By default, a switchport configured for dot1x will only allow EAP traffic initially to/from the switchport (thereby breaking WoL) so you do need to add the "authentication control-direction in" command to allow WoL functionality to continue to work while still ensuring that the endpoint is still only allowed to send EAP frames out to the switchport prior to 802.1x authentication.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Yes, that is correct. If you add the "authentication control-direction in" command on a switchport then it will allow the WoL "Magic Packet" to be sent to the end device and wake it up.

By default, a switchport configured for dot1x will only allow EAP traffic initially to/from the switchport (thereby breaking WoL) so you do need to add the "authentication control-direction in" command to allow WoL functionality to continue to work while still ensuring that the endpoint is still only allowed to send EAP frames out to the switchport prior to 802.1x authentication.

Thank you.