Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot create Guest account from Email Address

Hi,

I cannot sponsor a guest account using his/her email address. When I try to create a guest account, its show as file attached.

For example,

email.m@email-me.co.xx      ->>>>>> cannot create

email.me@email-me.co.xx    ->>>>>> can create

ISE version 1.1.1.268

Patch version 1

Thanks,

Pongsatorn

4 Replies 4

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Pongsatorn,

I was able to get the same results that you are facing, can you open a TAC case in order to get a bug filed for this. I tried to modify the minimum characters in the username policy and that didnt change the results either.

This looks like a bug since there is not a way to configure the email address format when choosing to create the username based on email.

Please remember to post back for future customers.

thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Tarik is right. This is a bug.

CSCtz44832 

Should be fixed in 1.2

Tarik, I will open a TAC soon.

Robert, How long that 1.2 will be released ?

My workaround solution (Actually not recommend ) describe as below

You can create this type of user by using the Internet Explorer. Other browsers cannot perform this action.

But after the account is created. Email field will not contain an email that we have created. Anyway the account can be able to authenticate on to the Guest Portal.

Dear All,

Cisco ISE Guest Account stills get the same issue after I upgrade the lastest patch.

Guest account which email created look like mailer.m@mail.com will cannot create. Other mails pattern are able to create except this one.

Does any one can create a guest account with this email pattern ?

Please help to fix this cause my customer who interest in Cisco ISE want to buy if this issue will be fixed.

Thanks,

Pongsatorn M.