Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot delete a CSR in ISE

Chess Norris
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

One of my customer created a CSR for the purpose of renewing an expired certificate. However he needed to change the keysize parameter aftwards and therefore needed to delete the old CSR and create a new one with the correct values.

When trying to delete the CSR, he recives the following error.

"The following CSR(s) cannot be deleted. Internal error occured while deleting (name of the CSR)"

We tried to restart ISE, but that didn't help and we still cannot delete the CSR. Anyone know how to get rid of the CSR?

Thanks

/Chess

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chess Norris
Level 4
Level 4

The solution was to disjoin the node from the cluster. After that, the CSR dissaperead and we could create a new one.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvu81208

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks. I forgot to mention that the customer is running ISE version 3.1. The version in the link is 2.7. Do you know if this bug ever got fixed? 

- I don't , it would be wise to engage TAC on it ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

@Chess Norris CSCvu34895 is dup to CSCvu34895. Both of them are specific to dedicated MNT and CSCvu34895 has been addressed in ISE 2.7 Patch 3 and ISE 3.0 FCS so I do not think yours is the same issue.

Chess Norris
Level 4
Level 4

The solution was to disjoin the node from the cluster. After that, the CSR dissaperead and we could create a new one.

meetemmajhone
Level 1
Level 1

It appears that you're encountering an issue when trying to delete a CSR (Certificate Signing Request) in ISE (Identity Services Engine). The error message you're receiving, "The following CSR(s) cannot be deleted. Internal error occurred while deleting," suggests that there might be a technical problem preventing the deletion process. Restarting ISE was a logical first step, but since that didn't resolve the issue, there might be a more complex underlying problem.

To further troubleshoot this situation, you could consider the following steps:

1. Check Logs: Examine the logs or error messages in ISE to gain more insight into the specific internal error that is occurring. This could provide more context about what is going wrong during the CSR deletion process.

2. Database Integrity: Verify the integrity of the ISE database. In some cases, database corruption or issues can lead to errors like this. You might want to perform database maintenance or integrity checks if applicable.

3. Permission Issues: Ensure that the user attempting to delete the CSR has the necessary permissions to perform this action. Insufficient permissions could lead to errors when trying to modify or delete objects.

4. Contact Support: If the issue persists, it might be wise to reach out to ISE support. They would have access to more advanced troubleshooting steps and can provide guidance specific to the version and configuration of your ISE instance.

5. Backup: Before attempting any further actions, consider creating a backup of the ISE configuration and relevant data to ensure you have a safe point to revert to in case anything goes wrong during troubleshooting.

Remember that the exact steps to resolve this issue can vary based on your specific ISE version, environment, and configuration