Views
Helpful
Replies

CDA with account which is not a member of Domain Admins

s.fasel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed CDA virtual appliance  1.0.0.011 with patch 1... I want to use an account, which is not a member of "Domain Administrator", to collect logs on windows AD. My windows AD are on windows 2008 R2 & windows server 2012.

But I see this bug  "CSCud69408" :

CDA need to support non admin privileges user when connecting to Win DC

Symptom:
When CDA (Cisco  Context Directory Agent) is running under Windows account which is *not*  a member of "Domain Admins" Windows group, it does not work and cannot  connect to Domain Controllers.  Various Java errors are returned in CDA  logs.  Manually given permissions did not help.
Conditions:
CDA is configured with Windows account which is not a member of "Domain Admins" group.
Workaround:
Configure CDA so it's running under Windows account which is a member of "Domain Admins" group in Active Directory.

In "bug search", this bug is always open. But if I read the documentation about the "Release 1.0 Patch 1 " , this caveat is resolved. Which is right ?
I have followed all step in the "CDA installation and configuration guide" to configure windows AD to works with a simple domain user but that doesn't work, the connection is not possible..  but if I use a user which is a member of "domain admin", it works.
Actually, it's possible to use a account that is not member of "domain admin" or there is always a bug ?  if yes, what are all steps to follow ?
thanks a lot for your help
regards
Sam
2 Replies 2

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sam-

I think that this is still a bug. I've spent way too many hours in the lab trying to get a non-admin account to work and I just can't make it go. Hope it helps.

Hi Collin,

thank a lot for your experience feedback

best regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: