Views
Helpful
Replies

Certificate selection on NAM

Diburaj kp
Level 1
Level 1

HI team ,

I have a query regarding the  certificate selection on the NAM  while using the EAP-TLS( User and machine auth with cert ).

I have a setup where i am using EAP-TLS authentication with user and machine authentication done with certificate . 

Is there a way in anyconnect that i can specify which certificate to be used for the authentication rather than NAM Pop up for certificate selection .

I want the certificate selection to be automated without any manual task 

Thnx 

Dibu

4 Replies 4

Thanks Rob for the swift reply 

Certificate pinning option is available for the Wireless EAP-TLS configuration  or only available for VPN .

Also will the " Use certificate matching rule "  option under the Network > credential help to get the correct certificate automatically .

Thnx

Dibu

If you choose EAP-TLS as the authentication mechanism, the NAM profile editor should give you the certificate/credential selection option. I believe this forces the client certificate selection to be automatic. I have not tested this with NAM, but a similar setting for VPN works the same way. 

Hi all

I have got the solution .

"Use certificate matching rule "  option under the Network > credential 

Write a rule to match the attribute for the required argument  ie cn or issuer.dc etc .

This instructs anyconnect to search only for the specific certificate and hence user will not be asked to select for the certificate 

Certificate pin option is available only for vpn from 4.5 version onwards 

Thanks all for the help .

Thnx

Dibu