cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Mac-authentication-bypass request format on Nexus 6001

cco
Level 1
Level 1

We are planning to use a Nexus 6001 as an access switch and would like to use mac-authentication-bypass for that. This switch unfortunately sends all mab authentication data in upper case. Our other existing ios based Cisco switches send all their mab authentication data in lower case. I was hoping to change this format by using something like with ios: "mab request format attribute ..... ..... .....". But i can't find anything about this in the available Nexus documentation. How can i change the request format attributes on a Nexus 6001?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
If you are using ISE as your AAA server you can simply reference the 'Calling Station ID' radius condition in your auth policies. If you look at your live logs this always shows the endpoint MAC in CAPS. It is radius attribute 31. If you can drive policy utilizing this condition then you can ignore the issue of attempting to change the format on your nexus switch. HTH!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
If you are using ISE as your AAA server you can simply reference the 'Calling Station ID' radius condition in your auth policies. If you look at your live logs this always shows the endpoint MAC in CAPS. It is radius attribute 31. If you can drive policy utilizing this condition then you can ignore the issue of attempting to change the format on your nexus switch. HTH!

Try this command to change the radius attribute 31 format to lower case.

radius-server attribute 31 mac format ietf lower-case

-Aravind