cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change PAN with Smart Licensing Enabled

Brian Schultz
Level 4
Level 4

If I register ISE with smart licensing, what happens if I need to change the server that has the Admin persona(s)?  Do the UDI details automatically update and sync to the smart account?  Or do I need to go through a re-hosting process?

Thanks,

Brian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

When you register a PAN in Smart Licensing Portal, then the name of that PAN node (and its UDI's) is stored in the Portal and you can see them as Product Instances

In my experience, there is no auto sync feature.  And when messing around with licensing, it's best to de-register the deployment and then go into the Portal and remove that Product Instance too.  That frees up the licensing pool.  When you de-register the deployment it puts your PAN into Smart Licensing eval mode.  It gives you enough time to generate a new token on the Portal and then register your new PAN to Smart Licensing.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From what i understand they show up and you can reallocate

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

When you register a PAN in Smart Licensing Portal, then the name of that PAN node (and its UDI's) is stored in the Portal and you can see them as Product Instances

In my experience, there is no auto sync feature.  And when messing around with licensing, it's best to de-register the deployment and then go into the Portal and remove that Product Instance too.  That frees up the licensing pool.  When you de-register the deployment it puts your PAN into Smart Licensing eval mode.  It gives you enough time to generate a new token on the Portal and then register your new PAN to Smart Licensing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: