cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Checking multiple domains in ISE authorization policy.

bberry
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have a question about an implementation that uses two different AD domains. I have policies written that use one or the other domain but how do I create a policy that uses "or" to check both policies? The plicies unique to each domain are working fine but I have traveling users that now cross domains. I need the applicable policy for where they are regardless of which domain their username is in without doubling or tripling the number of policies.

Lets say I have the following policy...

if CorporateAssets and (wired 802.1x and AD1:ExternalGroup equals domain1/Users/Domain Users) then Wired_Corp_AD

Works great not a problem. Easy and simple BUT

How can I modify this policy to become the following...

if CorporateAssets and (wired 802.1x and AD1:ExternalGroup equals domain1/Users/Domain Users OR AD2:ExternalGroup equals domain2/Users/Domain Users) then Wired_Corp_AD

I can get a drop down box to change the first "and" operator to an or and it changes both but I cannot figure out how to group things and be able to change things to be able to have the user in either AD user/domain user groups. I figure this is just a selection / syntax something that I am missing. I figure there has to be a way to do this rather than have way too many rules to create and modify.

Brent

2 Replies 2

Hi

You should watch these two videos:

http://www.labminutes.com/sec0184_ise_13_multi_domain_ad_integration_1

http://www.labminutes.com/sec0184_ise_13_multi_domain_ad_integration_2

alberx
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

you could create a compound condition under "Policy elements --> Conditions --> Authorization" adding as attributes the groups of your ADs with the OR condition.

AD1:ExternalGroup equals domain1/Users/Domain Users OR AD2:ExternalGroup equals domain2/Users/Domain Users)

In the Authorization rule use the "wired_802.1x" AND "<your new compound condition>".

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: