Views
Helpful
Replies

Checkpoint identity collector pxgrid integration and HA

jerkessl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I am looking for building an HA solution for Checkpoint identity collector and I was thinking of configuring:

Two Checkpoint identity collectors with each having two pxgrid nodes, so 4 PXGs but it is only supported on v2 pxGrid.

Do someone know if Checkpoint identity collector is v1 or v2 ? If v1 only, will it work in active standby if we use 4 PXG nodes?

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jeppich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Checkpoint was developed using pxGrid 1.0.  You can only have 2 pxGrid nodes in an Active/Standby scenario per ISE deployment.

Thanks,

John

jeppich@cisco.com

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I have forwarded this to our SME

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I'm replying here because I'm also curious about this. I scoured the checkpoint docs and they make no reference to the pxgrid version the feature leverages.

For your design though, is there a reason you need 4 pxgrid nodes? Wouldn't two pxgrid nodes accomplish the same task of HA.

purpose was to have 2 CP identity collector and two pxgrid nodes by CP identity collector

but as John said not supported on v1

jeppich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Checkpoint was developed using pxGrid 1.0.  You can only have 2 pxGrid nodes in an Active/Standby scenario per ISE deployment.

Thanks,

John

jeppich@cisco.com

so the two extra PXGs active nodes are only v2 ?

Hi,

Yes, Active/Active is only supported in pxGrid ver 2.0.

Thanks,

John

jeppich@cisco.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: