cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CICM ISE upgrade - invalid ISO signature

Gioacchino
Level 1
Level 1

It's been 4 hours now that I'm trying to upgrade the CICM of a C220M5 on which our ISE 2.7 patch 10 is installed.

It runs BIOS 4.0(1e)

I eventually got the same problem reported here:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-computing-system-discussions/ucs-upgrade-fails-invalid-signature-detected/td-p/2983830

I'm not sure whether I have to follow what is said here

https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-computing-system-discussions/ucs-upgrade-fails-invalid-signature-detected/m-p/3367981/highlight/true#M25313

or if I have to open a TAC case.

Since that thread is quite old, might be that meanwhile the ISE ISO files of new versions take care of the BIOS too?

TIA,

Gio

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That’s quite a common misconception.
The approved (signed) CIMC images are found on software.cisco.com. Search for “ identity services” product. The check the categories- I think they call it firmware.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

What model of SNS server is that?  And which ISE CIMC image are you trying to install?

You're aware that ISE appliances must only be upgraded with the ISE CIMC images, and not any generic UCS CIMC image? Failure to do so will cause ISE to no longer boot.

Gioacchino
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @Arne Bier ,

the model is SNS-3615-K9, and I'm trying to upgrade the BIOS (firmware) from 4.0(1e) to
4.3(2.230270)

I was not aware of what you said, but I may now understand being ISE a security product.

Is there a repository for such ISE CICM images?

Thanks, Gio

That’s quite a common misconception.
The approved (signed) CIMC images are found on software.cisco.com. Search for “ identity services” product. The check the categories- I think they call it firmware.

Gioacchino
Level 1
Level 1

Indeed I found the Firmware section in the "Cisco Software Download"

Thanks, Gio