cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACS 4.2 to 5.4 migration

velo84
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to migrate CIsco ACS 4.2 to 5.4. I'm looking at the document on the Ciso website and one of the steps is that you need to have a migration server with the same version of ACS installed as the version you are migrating from. You need to backup the data from the current server (4.2) and import it on to your migration server (4.2) When I do this import, it starts to import the data (shows the spinning clock in the web gui) but then nothing ever seems to happen after that. I have left it for a whole day and nothing. Now none of the services will start up again after starting this process. It does warn you that the services will be stopped during the import but will be started again afterwards. I have tried rebooting and none of them will start. Clearly it's failing with something but it doesn't give any indication of where. 

Cisco document:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-4/user/guide/acsuserguide/migrate.html#98063

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

velo84
Level 1
Level 1

Update to this, I have found out the patch versions are different which could be the issue. It seems you can't download legacy versions of ACS off the Cisco website though.