Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACS 5.7 patch 1 to ISE 2.6 migration not working

cciesec2011
Level 3
Level 3

All,

I have an existing Cisco 5.7 patch 1 and I want to migrate it to ISE version 2.6.  I use the migration tool for ISE version 2.6 (downloaded from Cisco web site) and put it on my Windows 2012 server.  I can export the configuration from Cisco ACS but I had issue with importing the configuration into ISE version 2.6.  I got this message:

error.png

Anyone know why the migration from Cisco ACS 5.7 to ISE version 2.6 does not work?  Bugs from Cisco?  The problem can be easily re-produced.

Btw, if I try to perform the migration from Cisco ACS 5.7 to ISE version 2.4 patch 6, it works without any issues?

Thoughts?

5 Replies 5

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
So I've migrated 5.6, 5.7 and 5.8 to ISE 2.4 via the migration tool with no issues. The policy required clean up but other than that it's been great.

The message you have where the ise version isn't supported I've only encountered when I tried the 2.3 migration tool with 2.4. Quick fix was downloading the 2.4 tool. I haven't tried the 2.6 tool yet because I'm not ready to put any client on 2.6. I'd still reccomend migrating to 2.4 since 2.6 is so new.

If you're sure you using 2.6 prod release and not a beta, and you downloaded the 2.6 migration tool, then get tac involved so we can get it fixed.

Yes, I use the production release.  The file I download from Cisco website is the file ACS-MigrationApplication-2.6.0.zip that was released on Feb 21st, 2019.  It failed right off the bat.

I am not ready for the migration just yet because we are not purchasing the hardware yet.  We're going to do it in three months.  By then, hopefully ISE 2.6 will be stable with new patches releases.  

I can't believe how crappy Cisco product is.  No one from Cisco is working on QA of the product.  The ISE 2.6 migration failed right of the bat.  I guess I have no choice but to open a TAC case with Cisco for the crappy tool :-(

This might be missed when we re-numbered ISE 2.5 as 2.6. I will check with our engineering team.

Below is a response from our engineer team,

We were able to migrate properly from 5.8 to ISE 2.6. We have tested locally with proper migTool, which was downloaded from CCO.
Please confirm once before migration, Whether migration was enabled or not for both ACS and ISE.

We don’t have any ACS 5.7 so we tested only with ACS 5.8. So please try once again and let me know whether you are to migrate or not.

If not share the ACS details.

Please ensure your ISE is of ISE 2.6.0.156 (2.6 FCS). If it still an issue, please do engage Cisco TAC.

Yes, I've tried this multiple times from Cisco ACS 5.7 patch 1 to ISE 2.6 using the migration tool that I downloaded from Cisco CCO and it failed every time.  I have a TAC case opened with Cisco but it is going very slow. It is frustrating to have the software failed on the first attempt :-(.

Will see what Cisco TAC has to say.