Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACS 5 restore

c-computershare
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have just updated one of my ACS appliances from ACS 5.1 latest patch to ACS 5.2.0.26 . I did a re-image to upgrade to 5.2 and before I did this I took a backup of the ACS and ADE OS using the backup command . Once I had completed the upgrade I ran the setup command to enter my ip address etc. I then logged into the appliance and configured an ftp repository. I then ran the following command to restore the ACS and ADE OS configuration.

restore bristol-acs-backup-110802-1751.tar.gpg repository ftprepository

The ACS appliance then rebooted and I got the login prompt showing the hostname of my ACS. I then entered my username and my password but it failed and took me to another login prompt but this time it didn't show my hostname. I entered it again and again but still no joy. I rebooted the appliance and tried again but was still unable to login.

Just as a test I tried to login into the GUI using a different username as this is how the ACS is set up and I was able to login. I could also see my configuration so I know the backup was successful.

I then did a password reset using the 5.2 DVD I had created and I was then able to login. I checked the running configuration and saw the configuration had been backed up as it was showing my repositories and other configuration. This proves the ADE OS backup was also successful.

Has anyone seen this issue logging in using the CLI admin account after doing a restore?

Regards

Jamie

4 Replies 4

c-computershare
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I just upgraded our second ACS using the same method as above. I restored the backup and I was able to login successfully.

So not sure I had an issue the first time round.

Would still be interested in seeing if anyone else has noticed this before?

Cheers

Jamie

Hi!, the Web interface user by default is ACSAdmin and the password is "default" without the ""...

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jamie,

Are you sure the admin password was not modified? or you are missing something with the password you type?

(caps lock is enabled for example).

You have redunduncy enabled between two ACS? or they are independent?

I can't think about anything except that you are not typing the password correctly!!

Regards,

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Hi

Thanks for your replies.This was over a year ago so can't remember the exact details of what I did but pretty sure the password was correct as I was copy and paste from our secure password database. Evrything is working ok now was just some behaviour I noticed at the time.

Thanks

Jay