cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ACS and Pix firewall

kjanakiraman
Level 1
Level 1

I configured aaa authentication in the pix firewall to see the ACS Tacacs Server for user verification. if the ACS server becomes unavailable, then i could not connet the pix firewall.

In the router i have the option of configuring

aaa authentication login default group tacacs+ local

which tells the router first to look for tacacs server and if is unavailable connect through the local database.

Is there an option in Cisco pix firewall to login using the local information if ACS is not avaiable?

Thanks in Advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jasjsing
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

In pix the back up method to get into the device if aaa server fails works on the code 6.3.4 and above . In the codes later than 6.3.4 if the tacacs server fails there is no way to get in except password recovery . However if we have not configured aaa authentication for console than username: pix and password : cisco ' works by default .

Regards ,

Jasjeet Singh

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jasjsing
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

In pix the back up method to get into the device if aaa server fails works on the code 6.3.4 and above . In the codes later than 6.3.4 if the tacacs server fails there is no way to get in except password recovery . However if we have not configured aaa authentication for console than username: pix and password : cisco ' works by default .

Regards ,

Jasjeet Singh