cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco after upgrade ISE 3.0 to 3.2 Issues

ifabrizio
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone, After performing the Split upgrade, passing from the 3.0 release to 3.2, the two ISE nodes are no longer able to register to renew the access to the licenses.

Another problem I can't install Patch N3, the GUI freezes and then renews the page without giving any errors. Any suggestions?

Bye,

JF

2 Replies 2

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Have you completed the upgrade? Both nodes now on 3.2?

If the "Renew Registration" is not working, have you also tried the option to "Deregister" and try again - but you will need a valid token to perform this registration.

I would give Cisco a chance first to look at this - open a TAC case for these issues - if something is broken (especially after an upgrade) then Cisco has to know about this, so that they can fix the product. Licensing should not break after an upgrade.

ifabrizio
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Arne,

Yes I have completed the Upgrade to 3.2 for both nodes.

Yesterday with the help of the support I found the solution to both problems.

Patches could not be installed from the PAN GUI, the page would freeze and then the GUI would log out of the profile.

I then installed the patches from the CLI, for each node:

copy ftp://"ftp server ip address"/ise-patchbundle-3.2.0.542-Patch3-23071904.SPA.x86_64.tar.gz disk:/ 

Then install the patch with this command:

patch install ise-patchbundle-3.2.0.542-Patch3-23071904.SPA.x86_64.tar.gz LOCALDISK

After the patch installation also the License works now.

Bye,

JF.