Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 1.3 Authentication timer inactivity and Anyconnect Posture Issue

besteves
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

We´re facing a reauthorization problem related with Anyconnect 4.1 after Authentication timer inactivity on the switch port expire, after the time expire, the sesson goes to the Unknow state (normal behavior) but when the user starts to work the machinne, the Anyconnect doesn´t  start the scan to put this session on Compliance again. If I force the scan (uncheck and Check the Block connections to untrust servers option on Preference tab)  then it do a scan and change the status to Compliance state.

Is this a best practicies work with Authentication timer inactivity and Anyconnect Posture features ?

Thanks a lot.

7 Replies 7

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hmm, it is possible that you are hitting a bug. Have you tried AnyConnect 4.2 ?

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Hi Neno,

I tried with anyconnect 4.2.02075 but i´ts not solved the problem.

Thanks a lot.

Can you post screen shots from:

1. Administration > System > Settings >Posture > Reassessments.

2. Administration > System > Settings >Posture > General Settings.

3. Your Posture Profile

Here´re....

To me everything looks correct. I would suggest you open a TAC case and ask Cisco to assist. Let us know what happens!

Hi Neno,

The TAC suggested a workaround changing the client posture assessment condition. In this way the connection maintain authorized even after the Authentication timer inactivity expire. I tested in my and problem was solved, I´ll apply it on the customer.

Administration-->Settings-->Posture-->General Settings

From=Perform posture assessment every time a user connects to the network

To= Perform posture assessment every 1 day

Thanks a lot.

Yes, with that change the endpoint will remain "compliant" for the whole day after it passes posture once. 

Let us know if this workaround works for you.