Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 2.3 VM Installation Failing

Boyan Sotirov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I've just installed a VM from the OVA file I downloaded from Cisco.com. 

The installation went without any errors, I've put an admin password, all the checks went fine and than I let it run for an hour or so. 

I came back, I tried to login - not possible, wrong password. Even though I deliberately wrote it down. So after few unsucessful login attempts I got a message that my account has been locked out. 

SSH works, but again I'm not able to login. 

I don't have access to the Web GUI though, when I try the IP address in my browser I get an error which looks quite disturbing:

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

I'm downloading the .iso file to try out the password recovery procedure. But I was wandering, has anyone else experienced such issues?

P.S. I have a special character in my admin password "_" , could this be the reason for my account lockout?

Regards, 

Boyan

2 Replies 2

Hi Boyan, are you using non-QUERTY keyboard?

"_" is "?" on QUERTZ keyboard.

When you were doing initial configuration you typed "?" instead of "_". Keyboard was set to QUERY layout. And now when you're trying to login via web you're using your primary keyboard layout.

Well...

I followed the password recovery procedure and it didn't work either. 

So I reinstalled the VM and supplied a smipler password without special characters in it. In my case it's for lab testing, but it seems quite dissapointing to find that having a password with special characters is a problem for a such an important component in the Cisco's security architecture...

Boyan