Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 3.0.0.458 Installation Error on VMware Workstation 15.5 Pro

Hello Team,

I downloaded the iso file of Cisco ISE 3.0.0.458 and trying to install it in Platform Eve-Ng with VMware Workstation 15.5 Pro.
I followed Eve-ng official website guide: https://www.eve-ng.net/index.php/documentation/howtos/howto-add-cisco-ise/

I am encountering with a problem while installation process.

The following errors are showing up :
***** Auto install is not configured

***** checking for supported platform.

***** Virtual machine host detected

***** Error : unable to determine installation Disk
***** If installing on UCS appliance, please verify a RAID volume is
***** Configured . if installing on VM, only virtual hard disks of
***** type SCSI are supported
***** Exiting Installation

[ 34.296837] System Halted.

I shared with you sceen shoot caracteristique for my laptop

Kindly refer to the attached image for your reference so that you can assess it and show me the solution for this problem

Thanks & Regards,

Khalil

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- It's not all certain that it could work in such environments (VMware workstation + EVE-NG) ; you could try another ISE version
     as mentioned in howto link that you provided 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello,

Thanks for your reactivity, I tried with the three versions:
ise-2.7.0.356.SPA.x86_64.iso
ise-3.0.0.458.SPA.x86_64.iso
ise-3.3.0.430.SPA.x86_64.iso
but still i got the same problem

-  You could try to post in https://www.eve-ng.net/forum/   mind you eve-ng is only an emulator , not
      everything they say 'may work' (e.g.).   Or there could be dependencies on your current system such as sufficient
     support                                                           for virtualization or other needed resources ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

ISE will run under EVE-NG. But since ISE will require QEMU to run under KVM, your hard disk for ISE must be a .qcow2 - and you need at least a .qcow2 file that can grow to 300GB. Search the web for "empty" qcow2 template files and load those into the EVE-NG definition for ISE. For ISE 3.2 you can choose UEFI BIOS with SecureBoot off. Make the disk and network use virtio.  Job done.