Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 3.0 Redhat KVM Install - Database Priming Failed

ferriterj1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I've recently tried to install Cisco ISE 3.0 on a Scale HC3 cluster which is a RedHat KVM-based system but am experiencing some issues. I wanted to go through the evaluation to see if ISE could even run on this platform.

I've created the VM with 4 cores, 16GB of RAM, and a 500GB disk. The installation seems to go smoothly.

I input the IP, subnet, gateway, nameservers, domain and it pings the necessary components during install no problem.

However, when I get to the Database Priming, I am constantly getting a "Database Priming Failed!" error message. The error message even continues after an "application reset-config ise". I've also just continued with the install, but when I do so, the application server is stuck in initializing and I get a "connection refused" message while trying to access the web GUI.

I believe this might have something to do with the database priming constantly failing, but I'm not sure.

I've deleted and reinstalled the VM many times with the same issue. I've redownloaded the .ISO constantly as well. 

I've asked support at Scale to see if it's even possible to install on the platform, and one of the support engineers was able to install ISE 3.0 on their cluster and access the GUI with no problem.

Is there anything, in particular, that would cause this "database priming" issue on my setup but not the support engineer who is running the same cluster?

Thank you for all of your help!

15 Replies 15

lrojaslo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are able to have CLI access, try installing the latest patch, there are few defects on 3.0 unpatched with this error. Otherwise, I would consider this is related to VM compatibility.

Which RHEL  version are you using for installation?