Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO ISE 3.2 - Azure deployment

Hi all,

Anyone has deployed ISE 3.x in Native Azure? I will be doing that soon but I'm stuck with disk selection. Which disk I should use - standard or premium? For now I was able to get information from TAC that I should use Premium SSD v2 and "ticket closed" - but what about IOPS and throughput settings? I'm going to have Medium size deployment (2 x PAN/MnT + 4 PSN). Anyone had experience with this?

4 Replies 4

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@przemyslaw.wieczorek Each ISE instance is using the OS disk only. As the OS disk type, I usually pick Standard SSD. You could consider Premium SSD for MNT or in case your other ISE nodes have heavy disk I/O.

IOPS option is for data disks but ISE do not use them.

@hslai So in my case that I can use Premium SSD v1 for PAN/MNT (on one node) and Standard SSD for PSN's?

BTW - is Medium Size Deployment recommended or it's better to have Large so each persona has it's own node? I currently have Large but all sits on prem so I could have as many VM's as I want. In cloud cheaper will be to have Medium Size which I also think should be fine. 

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@przemyslaw.wieczorek You may always pick Premium SSD as long as you are fine with the cost.

As to the deployment sizing, I hope you are familiar with ISE Performance and Scale. You could start with medium and then move to larget or the other way around. Please monitor your deployment and adjust as needed.

So Premium SSD (not v2) for Admin/MnT and Standards for PSN - that's the plan then