Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE and Admin CLI question

Roger Base
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there. 

I have strange problem with my ISE installation. First of all I use AD users for authentication. It works fine over HTTPS. I can login with my AD admin by HTTPS.

The problem starts when I try to login via CLI (SSH). I got login prompt. When I type my AD credentials it says "Login Incorrect" and I got the same result if I try with the local admin account.

I did try to reset the local admin account password via HTTPS to verify that type the correct password. But no effect.  

My ISE is installed on VMware. 

Any experiences with this one?

BR.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The CLI authentication which is the base Linux OS is not/cannot be tied to AD for admin authentication. You only integrate the application installed on the top of Linux, which in this case is ISE, to AD. So to login to the cli shell you will need to use the username/password that you configured during setup. If you don't recall those you will need to perform a password rest via the installation CD/ISO

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

Reset the credentials

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/144031/how-reset-cli-and-database-passwords-adminuser-ise

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The CLI authentication which is the base Linux OS is not/cannot be tied to AD for admin authentication. You only integrate the application installed on the top of Linux, which in this case is ISE, to AD. So to login to the cli shell you will need to use the username/password that you configured during setup. If you don't recall those you will need to perform a password rest via the installation CD/ISO

Thank you for rating helpful posts!