Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE downgrade from 3.0 to 2.7

Shiraz Ali
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are downgrading Cisco ISE from 3.0 to 2.7. via USB and CIMC. but unfortunately we re getting errors.

attached is the screenshot separately..

4 Replies 4

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

It's possible that the .iso file integrity is not correct - have you run a checksum against the ISE 2.7 .iso file ? If the sha/md5 checksum passed, then perhaps the USB image did not get burnt correctly - not easy to check that on the USB itself - might be worth reburning the USB or even better, booting the server off the .iso directly - it's a bit slower than USB, but at least you won't have any doubts about the USB part.

Lastly, have you hard powered the server off (unplug power) and then try again?

Hi,

thanks for your acknowledge .

I have downloaded ISO file from cisco download portal. ( ise-2.7.0.356.SPA.x86_64 ). downgrade from 3.0 to 2.7

it is possible to downgrade from 3.0 to 2.4???

I have tried to install from USB and CIMC. we are getting same attached errors.

let me try again download fresh file and try it again.

If you are happy to completely rebuild the server with an older ISE version then the answer is yes. It would not technically be considered a 'downgrade' because you will lose all the config. Instead, it would be considered to be a fresh install.

Can you install ISE 2.4 on SNS-35xx - yes

Can you install ISE 2.4 on SNS-36xx - yes (but why would you want to do that?) - you must install at least patch 9 afterwards.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYIhttps://community.cisco.com/t5/network-access-control/ise-downgrade-from-3-0/td-p/4455547

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '