cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE Evaluation Software for Hyper-V

Spreadlove
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to install Cisco ISE in my lab, I tried to download the evaluation version of ISE (version 3.1) but it is a OVA file and I use Hyper-V.
Since hyper-V does not support .OVA files
Do I convert the OVA file to VHD to import into hyper-V or download an older version of ISE (2.4) and update to 3.1?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

correct - if you don't install the License, that will be 90 days.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Hello @balaji.bandi 

Thank you for the reply, I think you did not fully understand my request.
The latest evaluation software available to download as at now is an OVA file and not an ISO file, I use Hyper-V, hence I cannot use OVA file for ISE install on Hyper-V.

Sure understood, if I were you I will download and install 3.0 ISO and upgrade to 3.1 or 3.2 depending on the requirement.

BB

Thanks for the suggestion, the older version 2.4 has an evaluation ISO, I think I will download that and possibly update to 3.1.
Thanks for your time.

bare in mind 2.4 and 3.0 have many changes, so I would suggest installing ISE 3.0 ISO image and upgrading to ISE 3.1 is a wise step. ( you save hell lot of time)

BB

I cannot find ISE 3.0 ISO that is an evaluation copy, the evaluation for ISE 3.0 is OVA.
I cannot use OVA for Hyper-v, can I?

i do not remember the steps, but sure I used ISE 3.0 ISO image for evaluation- when I was testing. (make sure you use the right computing resources and install it) -

balajibandi_0-1673731730606.png

BB

I think I now get it, hopefully I am right.
I was looking at "recommended for evaluation" as the only file I can use for evaluation, but I think I can use any of the files for evaluation purposes, RIGHT?

correct - if you don't install the License, that will be 90 days.

BB