Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE Guest Access with WLC

mikiNet
Level 1
Level 1

Dear colleagues,

I working now on project which require implement Guest Access with ISE and WLC, implementation is very easy but I can't udenrstand why Guest after connect to SSID get IP address because I return in step 2(please see below flow) redirect ACL + AeroACL where I have only permit statement for communication to ISE and DNS. I can't find any explanation for why this happens.

ACL on WLC:

Flow from Cisco documentation:

image.png

This situation happen on wireless connection. On wired connection I understand because I clearly defined ACL where DHCP is permit:

image.png

image.png

image.png

Anyone can explain why on ACL for WLC not reqired DHCP traffic ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hello @mikiNet 

This is designed like that on purpose. You HAVE to allow someone to get an IP address before you can do anything with a portal. How else can a user establish a TCP connection to the ISE web server? By default, you don't even have to include the permit DHCP stuff because it's implied. You have to include statement to allow DNS traffic though.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hello @mikiNet 

This is designed like that on purpose. You HAVE to allow someone to get an IP address before you can do anything with a portal. How else can a user establish a TCP connection to the ISE web server? By default, you don't even have to include the permit DHCP stuff because it's implied. You have to include statement to allow DNS traffic though.

Dear Arne,

Thanks for explanation!