cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE GuestEndpoints

Todd S
Level 1
Level 1

When users accept the T&C's page for our guest wireless I have it configured to add them to the GuestEndpoints group.  How long does ISE keep that account active?  I looked at the purge settings for guest accounts but it doesn't appear to purge these accounts.

Using ISE 2.2

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I believe the default policy for purging GuestEndpoints is 30 days. See attached. 

There is a difference between Guest account and Guest endpoints. Guest account is the username/password created to authenticate the user. Once authenticated, the MAC address is added into GuestEndpoint endpoint identity group.

Guest account validity can be customized from 1-999 days if I recall. Guest endpoints can be purged at any time using endpoint purge policies. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I believe the default policy for purging GuestEndpoints is 30 days. See attached. 

There is a difference between Guest account and Guest endpoints. Guest account is the username/password created to authenticate the user. Once authenticated, the MAC address is added into GuestEndpoint endpoint identity group.

Guest account validity can be customized from 1-999 days if I recall. Guest endpoints can be purged at any time using endpoint purge policies. 

Thank you!