cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE health check

msandhu
Level 1
Level 1

We need to upgrade our Cisco ISE from 2.4 to 3.0. In order to proceed we performed the Health check. We are using two nodes as a PAN. We are unable to complete the HealthCheck and getting health check execution has timed out message from ISE. 

Any suggestions on this much appreciated. 

Thank you

11 Replies 11

2.4 patch?  Also why not upgrade to 3.1?

msandhu
Level 1
Level 1

We are on the latest Patch14, 2.4. 

Our server doesn't support 3.1. 

@msandhu 

As per your last post I would say that you are using one appliance , is that's correct please share the version of SNS you're using

I have the same problem, Im on version 2.4 and patch 14, I try to upgrade to 2.7, I ran the URT tool but only estimated time failed, on the TAC ticket I raised told me I can proceed with the upgrade because this are only 'cosmetic error' Can I proceed withouth run the healt cheks?

Appliance

SNS-3515-K9 chassis

Hi @victormanuelsolis ,

1st please take a look at: CSCvy99582 When upgrading from ISE 2.4 patch 13 to 2.7 if external raidus server configure upgrade will fail.

2nd if all the Data Upgrade Steps of URT succeeded, then it's good news ... you probably received the following, am I right?

Running data upgrade for node specific data on cloned database
- Successful

Hope this helps !!!

Yes, I ran the URT and the only error was on the estimated time to complete the upgrade, then only doubt I had was the time outs when I tried to run the healtchecks prior the upgrade, but I decided to run the upgrade and it was successful, thank you for your response!

Hi @victormanuelsolis ,

excellent news !!! 

Hi @msandhu ,

please install the URT Bundle (ise-urtbundle-3.0.0.458-1.0.0.SPA.x86_64.tar.gz) to check the following:

1. Pre-requisite checks
2. Clone config database
3. Copy upgrade files
4. Data upgrade on cloned database
5. Time estimate for upgrade

Hope this helps !!!

Did you solve this?

I guess the BUG ARTICLE refers to remove all the connections to Active Directory

ISE-RADIUS.png

Thanks, but I don't have registered AD devices, anyway, yesterday I completed the upgrade with no issues, even with the time outs on the healtchecks.