Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE - High Load on Backup Server

Matthew Martin
Level 5
Level 5

Hello All,

ISE v2.0.0.306

I have been noticing that our Main ISE Server, which handles 99% of the authentication requests shows a very low CPU utilization, and mid-level Memory usage. Then, looking at our backup ISE Server, it's constantly showing very high CPU usage, about 99% use all the time.

I'm attaching a screenshots below showing the CPU usage, so maybe someone could shed some light on why this looks this way? And I'm wondering how its even possible for the backup ISE server to be running at 99% CPU at all times...?

In the screenshot below, the ISE-Exton is the main ISE server and "atl" is the backup/failover server:

System_Summary.png

I'm also attaching the exported PDF, which shows the High load warning for the ISE-atl server.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.!

Thanks in Advance,

Matt

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That's definitely out of the ordinary.

Have you applied any of the ISE 2.0 patches to your deployment? (Patch 5 is the latest on the release.) I don't see any published bugs that would point to that specific symptom but it's something the TAC would want to know should you open a case with them.

My 2 cents, we have the same issue here. Apparently that is another bug on 2.x version. The reality is that Primary and Secondary PAN/MNT running 2.x should be installed on 3595 servers, it does not work properly on 3495 appliances BUT we moved both personas to 3595 and still getting same error. We are still on evaluation mode regarding this error.

thanks

Hey Abraham, thanks for the reply.

I assume you're referring to the VMWare servers that the ISE VMs are running on? If so, I'll have to check with our VM admin. But, I believe their running on a "UCS Cisco6120XP"...

Thanks,
Matt

Hey Marvin, thanks for the reply.

Yes, we have installed Patches: 2, 3 and 4, according to the Server Information pop-up window in the ISE GUI.

Server Information:

ISE_Server_Information.png

-Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: