cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE NAC Agent RDP session

jms112080
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to get the NAC Agent to run when a user logs on a Windows machine in a RDP session?

7 Replies 7

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

fyi, the device which will give services of RDP to other clients should have NAC if it has to be part of any network.

Hi ankur1984

How can I permit RDP for one user only ?

for exemple windows user login administrator_123 ?

regards

Hi Nicanor00,

Unfortunately in the current scenario you can only user machine authentication to create your authorization profiles or you can use 'security reports' suggestion but i haven't tried that personally.

thanks,

Ankur

ankur1984
Level 1
Level 1

You have to go and check the dACL that is part of authorization profile, you will find that it is blocking your RDP access as when you do a remote desktop your authentication token is host/machine-name.domain. Now, the easiest FIX to permit RDP traffic is to modify the dACL but this won't solve your problem. Why? Because now your dACL will allow you do a remote desktop now BUT it will block rest of your communication.

So either you permit all as soon as your machine is authenticated or you will continue to face this issue.

Microsoft supplicant does not support 802.1X & RDP sessions per user, as detailed in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2820847. An alternative is to adopt the supplicant Cisco AnyConnect NAM (Network Access Manager), which is free and supports RDP sessions & 802.1x for user.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts securityreports but i have a mandate be implement this without a supplicant and hence the challenge.

-Ankur

Microsoft supplicant does not support 802.1X & RDP sessions per user, as detailed in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2820847. An alternative is to adopt the supplicant Cisco AnyConnect NAM (Network Access Manager), which is free and supports RDP sessions & 802.1x for user.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: