cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE OUI Database

HansK_NL
Level 1
Level 1

I'm subscribed to the feed service and receive a weekly update to profiler feed service changes from Cisco.

Over the last weeks I noticed there have been no updates at all in this area. (last update was August 6th 2022)

The ISE endpoint database lists a over 3000 endpoints with OUI=Unknown (mostly wireless devices).

Looking at the OUI vendor CSV at https://maclookup.app/downloads/csv-database, it's easy to see there are over 900 updates listed to MAC/Vendor values since August 2022.

How can I be sure that ISE is up-to-date with respect to the OUI Vendor database?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am checking with our teams on this.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- What's your ISE version ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

My version is ISE 3.0 patch 5

Bwilson13
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having the same issue as well with ISE 3.1 cluster.

Bwilson13_0-1668454501031.png

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

This area of ISE is not well looked after in general. I have been trying to get hold of someone for many months to change my Partner details in ise.cisco.com/partner website (which is part of all this stuff) and there is no action at all. As if nobody knows how it even works anymore. Apart from the fact that the portal looks like it was coded in 1984.  I wish Cisco would spend a little time to keep this up to date.

+1 ^^^^ 

I find the Aruba ClearPass Fingerprint update service to be maintained much more often than ISE.  Albeit it is much more closed off and doesn't offer the ability to submit profile updates to it from the field like ISE (used to?).

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am checking with our teams on this.

Please let us know what you find. I think this may have some potential affect on my ISE cluster's ability to profile new devices on my network.

Thanks,

Bruce

Bwilson13
Level 1
Level 1

I wanted to post an update on this thread.  On 12/16 the feed profile service started working again.

See the results:

Feed OUI 680 added.
Feed OUI 105 updated.

My 3.1 cluster has continued to receive OUI updates since then.

@Bwilson13, it seems you're right! I did not receive the weekly summary mails recently, so I cannot fully confirm your findings. But based on the change audit reports in ISE, I do see a lot of OUI additions and changes over the last couple of days.

@hslai, thank you for reaching out to the responsible teams!