Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Backup failed at 75% via GUI

journey jane
Level 1
Level 1

Hello eveyone,

Let me ask some helps or suggestion for my issue. I'm facing the issue when i backup ise via CLI is successful and was failed at 75% via GUI. i thought it may be ftp or tftp server issue (coz i run tftp in my laptop), so i changed another pc also but the same happening.  Error message is saying :"status: backup failed: Copy to repository failed." We have enough available storage at tftp server also.

Is there anyone have experienced that kind of issue? Please kindly helps. Thanks.

journeyjane_0-1671771040666.png

5 Replies 5

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you confirm the name of your repo? It looks as though you're trying to copy the backup to a repository named "BK_Config_Dec13_2022". Is the backup configured correctly here? 

From the primary admin node you should be able to run "show repo <reop_name>" and list the folder you're sending to. If that works then I would next check the permissions on the repo. 

repo is correct, it works via cli and just a failed via GUI. Thanks.

I have had that same issue when I was spinning up different ISE nodes for testing.  CLI works fine but GUI failed.  Majority of the time I would delete the repo and recreate it making sure I validate it.  Most of the time this works for me but when it does not, since many of these are just for testing, I would reset the application and perform a restore.  When the restore is done, I would have to enter my ftp/sftp password and validate then again.  

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Rodrigo Diaz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As per your description, you're using TFTP as repository in ISE to load a backup , by reviewing the Supportability Matrix in the 3.1 version I found that this server is not supported , I would try to use another storage server that is fully supported as an FTP server for example . 

For your reference https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/3-1/admin_guide/b_ise_admin_3_1/b_ISE_admin_31_maintain_monitor.html  

RodrigoDiaz_0-1672167618160.png

Thanks for your information @Rodrigo Diaz  . It may true due to not supported repository type but it works sometimes via TFTP. In my testing LAB, both of FTP and TFTP works well. At my customer site, it does not  work via TFTP, so i requested them to try FTP but no response from them coz of their internal problem. I would assume this issue cause due to not supported type. Thanks alot.