cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE password reset

jimmy100
Level 1
Level 1

I am wanting to reset the ISE GUI admin password via the ISO. We have 2 ISE in HA failover (Pri/Sec)

My question is, can I power off the Secondary & change the GUI admin password there whilst the Primary is still running. Or do I have to power them both off?

NOTE: I am also UNABLE to log on to the CLI admin account.

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

there is small downtime required for the ISE to go offline to reset password. - suggest to do the password change on Primary.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/identity-services-engine/200568-ISE-Password-Recovery-Mechanisms.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

@jimmy100 you can power off the secondary ISE node without experiencing an outage for authenticating sessions assuming the Primary node is also configured as a PSN and the network devices (switches, WLC etc) are configured to use both ISE nodes for AAA.

Hi Rob,

Will the secondary appliance then propagate the new password over to the primary when it is booted back up?

No. Neither the CLI nor the GUI admin passwords are synchronized across nodes in a cluster. They need to be managed on each individual node.