cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE Profiling SNMP Query Probe

aehtibarov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone. I wonder how the SNMP Query Probe works in profiling indeed. It caught my attention because I face this situation. in my LAB i have 2 computer HP PC and Dell LAPTOP. HP PC is configured with authentication and authenticated successfully, however, DELL Laptop`s port is not configured with authentication just port-security. They are connected to same switch and switch configured with most of the aaa and radius configuration additionally with snmp community string. What is interesting for is in endpoint section of profiler in ISE i do not see the DELL laptop. So my question is that is there other requirement for SNMP polling works for hosts such as CDP, LLDP, etc.. Another interesting point is I see HP PC which is authentication but enpointSource as SNMPQuery not as Radius.

PS.: I added another switch with same configs and another Laptop. This time ISE profiled this Laptop with minimum attributes using SNMP Query Probe. What can be reason for not profiling some computers in my network?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nidhi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First thing to check would be to check the attributes of the device which is matching the profile. 

You might want to create profiles with unique attributes to match the exact profile. 

Also, cdp and lldp information can be collected using SNMP query as well as Device sensor. But make sure the switch has cdp and lldp enabled. 

You can get more  details here profiling guide

Thanks,

Nidhi

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Nidhi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First thing to check would be to check the attributes of the device which is matching the profile. 

You might want to create profiles with unique attributes to match the exact profile. 

Also, cdp and lldp information can be collected using SNMP query as well as Device sensor. But make sure the switch has cdp and lldp enabled. 

You can get more  details here profiling guide

Thanks,

Nidhi